Friday, October 24, 2008

Tragedy

This is probably the most horrible thing I have ever had to write. It's still hard to think about it without getting goose pimples and teary eyed. I never thought that such a horrific thing would ever happen to me. It has rocked me to my core and I will never be the same.

I am forever changed by this event. There is no going back, I have lost my innocence. Life is no longer carefree and full of rainbows and butterflies. It's a dark, hazy world now. There is no joy to be had.

Everything is tainted. *

It all started yesterday. When I left home it was like every other day. I took Molly to daycare, then dropped Eugene off at school, picked up a donut for breakfast and drove to the office. I arrived at approximately 8:00 am just like I always do. I sat down at my desk, turned on my computer and checked my email while enjoying my coffee and a cream filled donut (glazed, not chocolate).

Everything was normal. I had no reason to think that something was going to go horribly wrong. It was business as usual. I know I could not have predicted it and there was nothing that I could have done different but it will haunt me until the day I die.

After checking my email and responding to those that needed immediate attention I excused myself to go to the ladies room. The restrooms in our office building are locked. You have to have a key to get in. Safe and secure. Right? I had no reason to think otherwise.

What happened next.....(deep breath, relax) was off the charts. There is no way a person could imagine anything more horrible. I put my key into the lock, turned it and opened the door. I flipped the light switch on (because it's hard to find the toilet in the dark) and locked the door from the inside. I was locked in, everyone else was locked out. I opened the stall door and the blood rushed from my face. I felt faint.


There it was....



Right in front of me....





The toilet paper was installed so that it dangled underneath instead of rolling over the top.


I know, I know. The horror.

I'll just let you take a minute and absorb that. (No pun intended)

---------------------------------------------------

Have you dried your eyes? Are you okay? Alright. Now comes the hard part. I have a picture. If your squeamish you may want to stop reading right now and close your browser because this is not pretty. It will haunt you and you may never get the image out of your head and I will not pay for your counseling. I just won't do it. You've been warned.

For those who want to view the offending photo please scroll down. Otherwise, please leave now.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


Do you see it?? Are you okay? I'm so sorry. I regret doing this to you. Really. (ha ha, ho ho, he he, snort)

*I said "taint"ed.

Okay, I've had my 13 year old boy moment. You may resume your day.

.

2 comments:

Meg said...

bwahahahahaha

I actually prefer it hanging down like it is in the picture.

PHTTT

KayJay said...

OMG you are so not related to me.