Thursday, October 9, 2008

Putting my foot down. Sort of.

Maybe I'm wrong, or selfish, or both. BUT, I don't think it's fair to make an appointment with a co-worker to go over a specific project and then said co-worker takes a 2 hour and 15 minute lunch and then has to go run a legitimate errand that delays things another hour.

I moved on to another project that I put off expecting her to be here. I started on that project and was in the middle of it when she showed up wanting to get started.

Is it fair that I have to stop what I'm doing to accomodate her? No, I don't think it is. And I won't stand for it! Well, I won't stand for it AFTER TODAY. Yeah, after today. Because we really need to get this project done. So, only for today will I put up with it, but by golly after today I am putting my foot down. Hard. Well, not too hard, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or be rude. But I will be firm. But kind! It's always a good thing to be kind.

*sigh*

I'm a pussy aren't I?

.

No comments: