Monday, January 5, 2009

WTF is up with LGBT blogs?

So the 2008 weblog awards are going on right now. I looked up the list for the best LGBT blog and do you know what I found?

They all pretty much suck and I don't know how they ended up being finalists.

There, I said it and I'm not taking it back.

Since when does every worthwhile blog have to be about politics, book reviews, protests, Prop 8, down with GW, etc...boring..etc...

When I think of LGBT, I think of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered. (Duh.)

I don't think of legislation, picketing, and all of that other crap. If I wanted to read a political blog, I would read one. Who picks who is worthy and who isn't?

Give me a gay or lesbian blog that talks about living in the real world, trials and tribulations, coming out to friends, family or work. Parenting, pregnancy, sex and daily life for an ordinary un-political gay person. Seriously, of all the gay people I know, there is 1 who lives their life by politics. The rest? They keep up when they can but they are busy living.

Don't get me wrong, if that is your cup of tea then have a little sugar, sugar but get real. I want to see blogs of substance. A substance other than the political views I have to scrape off the bottom of my shoe.

I guess I am just disappointed that the best LGBT blog will be a political one, rather than an actual LGBT blog.

.

No comments: