Saturday, February 16, 2008

Snowballs chance in hell

I thought I would share this little story. Just to give you a little peek into my world.

I woke up at about 6:15 this morning, the kids were still asleep and Lin was getting ready for work. I turned on the TV to watch the weather because if it was slick outside I wanted warn Lin to please be careful driving to work today honey because I don't want to lose you because you didn't know that it was slick outside and Oh God please heed my warning! I care about her that much. Anyway, I watched the weather then I went in the bedroom to let her know what the weather was doing, it went something like this:

Me: "Hey honey, it's raining out, the main roads are pretty clear but the overpasses and bridges are getting a bit slushy. It's going to warm up a little so it won't be bad later."

Her: *patronizing smile"

Me: "What?"

Her: "Nothing."

Me: "No, what is it?"

Her: "Well, I looked out the window and I could see that the roads were wet so I assumed it was raining."

Me: "Oh."

Her: "I'm not like you, I don't have to compulsively check the weather, I know when it's bad."

Me: "Alright then."

So later when the temperature drops and it starts snowing and she comes home all "Wow, its snowing, I didn't know it was going to snow." I'll be all "Pffftt, if you hadn't dismissed me this morning because you were too smart to listen to what I had to say you would have known that it was going to snow. But noooooooooo, you looked out the window instead. Who's the suckah now biotch?"

Then I will spike the ball and do the chicken dance.

.

No comments: