Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hot water heaters can suck it

You can probably tell by the title of my post that we are having issues with our hot water heater. That issue being that the FUCKER STOPPED WORKING LAST NIGHT! We can get it lit, it won't stay lit. We try to light it, it goes out. Rinse, lather, repeat.

The plumber will be checking it out later. I have a feeling we have a new hot water heater in our future. Especially since the tag on the heater says 1994. I'm guessing it heated up it's last bubble bath for Molly last night.

We so did not need this right now. I'm thinking about taking my Christmas gift back to the store to help with the purchase of a new hot water heater, and then maybe selling a kidney. We were pretty careful with our Christmas shopping this year, but we could have spent about $200 less than we did had we known that our hot water heater would die. Of old age apparently, without being noticed. *bangs head on the wall*

So today will be real interesting. Oh, and also, the heat in the office works real good now. I came in this morning to an 80 degree office. It's just now cooling off after taking a hammer to the thermostat and opening the front door.

My landlord LOVES me.

.

No comments: